Gypsum in Oman
Natural resources in Oman include oil and natural gas, copper, chromium and industrial minerals such as gypsum and limestone, but oil is of greatest importance and the economy is closely tied to the price of oil.
Oman has a substantial mineral resource base. Some resources are being exploited on a commercial scale, while the rest are waiting either detailed exploration or development. The Sultanate possesses extensive ophiolites, which have the potential to host copper, nickel, chromite, and iron ore, gold and silver. The entire country has been geologically mapped, and there are laboratory facilities equipped to handle all types of investigations related to mineral exploration, as well as geophysical surveying and aerial photography.
Uses of gypsum
Gypsum is used in a wide variety of applications:
- Gypsum board primarily used as a finish for walls and ceilings; known in construction as drywall or plasterboard.
- Plaster ingredient.
- Fertilizer and soil conditioner. In the late 18th and early 19th century, Nova Scotia gypsum, often referred to as plaster, was a highly sought fertilizer for wheat fields in the United States. It is also used in ameliorating sodic soils.
- A binder in fast-dry tennis court clay.
- Plaster of Paris (surgical splints; casting moulds; modeling).
- A wood substitute in the ancient world; for example, when wood became scarce due to deforestation on Bronze Age Crete, gypsum was employed in building construction at locations where wood was previously used.
- A tofu (soy bean curd) coagulant, making it ultimately a major source of dietary calcium, especially in Asian cultures which traditionally use few dairy products.
- Adding hardness to water used for homebrewing.
- A component of Portland cement used to prevent flash setting of concrete.
- Soil/water potential monitoring (soil moisture tension).
- A common ingredient in making mead.
- In the medieval period it was mixed, by scribes and illuminators, with lead carbonate (powdered white lead) to make gesso which was applied to illuminated letters and gilded with gold in illuminated manuscripts.
- In foot creams, shampoos and many other hair products.
- A medicinal agent in traditional Chinese medicine called Shi Gao.
- Impression plasters in dentistry
Gypsum milling equipment used for beneficiation plant
Gypsum milling equipment is very important in the gypsum beneficiation plant. The milling machine is to grind the gypsum into raw gypsum powder; the boiling furnace is to produce plaster of Pairs.
In gypsum beneficiation plant, the most important processes are drying, grinding, calcinations and screening. The gypsum materials are grinded into gypsum powder of less than 80 meshes in size, and produce phosphogypsum by reaction with sulfuric acid replacement. However, the phosphogypsum material usually contains some phosphogypsum ores which are not grinded into powder, as well as some stone, coal grains, sand, mud and other impurities. So between drying and crushing processes, we specially add a “soft grinding equipment” which grinds only gypsum lumps but not the impurities. After gypsum calcinations, the strong airflow blows the qualified gypsum powder to the following process, while the impurities are separated out of kiln. Therefore, the drying, grinding, calcinations and screening processes are completed in one kiln. What’s more, the temperature, time, air strength in the kiln can be easily controlled. The calcined gypsum powder is modified, homogenized, cooled and transported into storage.
Gypsum powder production line
|NO．||Equipment||Model||Capacity( TPH )||Number|
|I||Vibrating Feeder: The major feeding equipment to feed raw materials into primary crushing.||ZSW-600×150||600-1000||1|
|II||Jaw crusher: The heavy duty jaw crusher usually plays role as primary crushing machine.||PE-1200×1500||400 – 1000||1|
|Ⅲ||Impact crusher: PF impact crusher is widely used as secondary crushing machine in a gypsum crushing plant.||PFV-1315||150-300||1|
|Ⅳ||Cone crusher: The CS cone crusher is widely used to process hard rock minerals||CSB315 – Coarse||789-1270||1|
|Ⅴ||Cone crusher: The HP cone crusher is widely used to process hard rock minerals with hydraulic system||HPC-400 – Coarse||230-700||1|
|Ⅵ||Ball mill: The Ball mill is the major grinding mill to grind gypsum into fine powder at low cost.||Φ2200×7500||16-29||1|
|Ⅶ||Trapezium mill crusher: The trapezium mill in european style is the advanced gypsum powder making mill||MTW175||11 – 25||1|
|Ⅷ||Ultrafine mill: Zenith ultrafine grinding mill is used to produce ultrafine gypsum powder.||SCM10027||0.9 – 6.8||1|
Has the advantage of cheap matching, unobstructed discharge all line, reliable operating, convenient operation, high potency and saving energy. particularly…
Barite is an important mineral raw materials, as a mineral resource, without barite processed purification often can not get a…
Clay bricks are used in a wide range of buildings from housing to factories, and in the construction of tunnels,…